httpd-users mailing list archives

From Farid Izem <farid.i...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Filtering HTTPS Access
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:27:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently working on a configuration to force HTTPS by directory.
Configuration looks like :

<Directory /home/user/apache_data/htdocs>
SSLOptions StrictRequire
SSLRequireSSL
ErrorDocument 403 https://mywebserver.fr.world.socgen
</Directory>

This configuration works perfectly. But i'd like to allow HTTP
connection to a particular set of IP,
for example keepalive from load balancer which are perform only in HTTP.

First solution would be to change load balancer to make keepalive over
HTTPS. I have no money.
Second solution, redirect HTTP to HTTPS  using Rewrite engine whereas
using SSLRequireSSL and ErrorDocument.
Already done and validated.

I want to avoid RewriteRule usage. I d'like to used SSLRequire with
some conditions.

Is it possible with

<Directory /home/user/apache_data/htdocs>
SSLOptions StrictRequire
SSLRequireSSL
SSLRequire ( %{REMOTE_ADDR} !~ m/192\.172\.10\.[1-2]/)
ErrorDocument 403 https://mywebserver.fr.world.socgen
</Directory>

It is not working.Can you help me please ? is SSLRequire only used in
HTTPS context only ?

Regards,

Farid