httpd-users mailing list archives

From Al Zick ...@familysafeinternet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache/WebDev virtual hosting not working correctly
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:35:39 GMT
Hi,

I have been using Apache for a long time, but it isn't clear to me
how to configure virtual hosting with WebDev. I wanted to make it
clear that I am dealing with Webdev from PC Soft and not Webdav. The
major problem I have with WebDev is there is no documentation that I
can find on how to setup virtual hosting. I have contacted PC Soft
and they said that it is not included in their documentation. So, I
emailed them and asked and they said they couldn't help me. In the
mean time I have been googling, but I found nothing on virtual
hosting for Apache/WebDev. I then searched the archive of the Apache
mailing, thinking someone would have had to ask something about it,
but I can't find anything relevant to this in the archive. After all
of that I could not find anything on WebDev virtual hosting.

This is the first time that I have used Apache on Windows 2008. I did
the install of Apache and it worked right out of the box. I
uncommented only 2 lines in the default httpd.conf file so that it
would do virtual hosting and would use the vhost-httpd.conf file. I
installed WebDev and uploaded 2 sites through the WebDev application
and this is what it added to my Apache config:

ScriptAlias /WD110AWP/ "C:/WebDev15/AWP/"
<Directory C:/WebDev15/AWP/>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
AddType application/WebDev15-awp .awp
Action application/WebDev15-awp /WD150AWP/WD150Awp.exe virtual
AddType application/WebDev15-awws .awws
Action application/WebDev15-awws /WD150AWP/WD150Awp.exe virtual
ScriptAlias /WD120AWP/ "C:/WebDev15/AWP/"
ScriptAlias /WD140AWP/ "C:/WebDev15/AWP/"
ScriptAlias /WD150AWP/ "C:/WebDev15/AWP/"
Alias /WDADMINWEB150_WEB/ "C:/WebDev15/WDADMINWEB/WDADMINWEB150_WEB/"
<Directory C:/WebDev15/WDADMINWEB/WDADMINWEB150_WEB/>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
<Files WDADMINWEB150>
ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
</Files>
<Files WDAdminWeb150>
ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
</Files>
Alias /WDADMINHF150_WEB/ "C:/WebDev15/WDADMINHF/WDADMINHF150_WEB/"
<Directory C:/WebDev15/WDADMINHF/WDADMINHF150_WEB/>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
<Files WDADMINHF150>
ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
</Files>
<Files WDAdminHF150>
ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
</Files>
Alias /SAASADMINWEB150_WEB/ "C:/WebDev15/WDSAAS/SaaSAdminWeb150/
SAASADMINWEB150_WEB/"
<Directory C:/WebDev15/WDSAAS/SaaSAdminWeb150/SAASADMINWEB150_WEB/>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
<Files SAASADMINWEB150>
ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
</Files>
<Files SaaSAdminWeb150>
ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
</Files>
Alias /SAASWEBSERVICE150_WEB/ "C:/WebDev15/WDSAAS/SaaSWebservice150/
SAASWEBSERVICE150_WEB/"
<Directory C:/WebDev15/WDSAAS/SaaSWebservice150/SAASWEBSERVICE150_WEB/>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
<Files SAASWEBSERVICE150>
ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
</Files>
Alias /SITE1_WEB/ "C:/Clients/WEBDEV15/Sites/SITE/SITE1_WEB/"
<Directory C:/Clients/WEBDEV15/Sites/SITE1/SITE1_WEB/>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
<Files SITE1>
ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
Allow from all
</Files>
Alias /SITE2_WEB/ "C:/Clients/WEBDEV15/Sites/SITE2/SITE2_WEB/"
<Directory C:/Clients/WEBDEV15/Sites/SITE2/SITE2_WEB/>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
<Files SITE2>
ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
Allow from all
</Files>

I then edited the httpd-vhost.conf file to look like this:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
     DocumentRoot "C:/Clients/WEBDEV15/Sites/SITE1/SITE1_WEB"
     ServerName www.site1.com
     ServerAlias site1.com site1.com
     <Files SITE1>
     ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
     Allow from all
     </Files>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
     DocumentRoot "C:/Clients/WEBDEV15/Sites/SITE2/SITE2_WEB"
     ServerName www.site2.com
     ServerAlias site2.com *.site2.com
     <Files SITE2>
         ForceType application/WebDev15-awp
         Allow from all
     </Files>
</VirtualHost>

With http://site1.com/ it doesn't seem to run through the WebDev
Application server, but it works correctly with 192.168.1.100/site1/.
This is much more complex than any virtual hosting I have ever done
before. In fact, I am not sure if I even have the correct
DocumentRoot. Honestly, if I could have only found an example of what
this type of virtual hosting should look like, then I think I would
have everything working on this server. Could someone please give me
a hint as to what is wrong with my virtual host config or point me to
some relevant documentation.

Sincerely,
Al