httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alex Duckers <alex.duck...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] single SSL proxy to multiple non-SSL name-based hosts
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:40:33 GMT
Hi All - I imagine this is fairly common, but I've had trouble making it work.
I'm on RHEL 5.4, with Apache/2.2.3.

I've got two sites to deal with, sitea.company.com and siteb.company.com.
I've set up DNS for each of these to resolve the same ip address.
I have an Apache server listening on that IP address.

I'd like that apache server to do the following:
	* take requests for HTTPS://sitea.company.com, terminate SSL, and proxy the HTTP to an internal
server called sitea.internal.net.
	* take requests for HTTPS://siteb.company.com, terminate SSL, and proxy the HTTP to an internal
server called siteb.internal.net.

Both names can use the same SSL certificate; I'll probably get a wildcard cert for this.

I was able to make it work for a single site with a very basic config, adding ProxyPass and
ProxyPass reverse to the httpd.conf file.  But this sends everything to that single host.
 When I try to break it out with virtualhosts, it either isn't terminating SSL properly, or
doesn't PROXY properly.

I'm sure I'm missing something pretty simple.  Anyone have a recipe for this?

Thanks