httpd-users mailing list archives

From János Löbb <janos.l...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] compiling 2.2.17
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:02:25 GMT
Hi Mark,

Removing the

--with-ssl=/usr/include/opnessl

option helped.  Now I have this message frequently in the output when I run make:

warning: no debug symbols in executable (-arch x86_64)

Should I worry ?

It is on an Intel iMac with OSX 10.6.6.
bml0065:httpd-2.2.17 administrator$ gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)

Thanks ahead,

János

On Mar 15, 2011, at 6:12 PM, Mark Montague wrote:

> On March 15, 2011 17:30 , =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=E1nos_L=F6bb?= <janos.lobb@yale.edu>
wrote:
>> I am doing configure this way:
>> sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache-2.2.17 --enable-mods-shared=most --enable-ssl
--with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl

>> There are no include and lib directories in /usr/include/openssl just header files,
so adding them to CPPFLAGS, INCLUDES and LDFLAGS is questionable.

> But this is what the --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl option to configure does.  The value
you give this flag is where OpenSSL is installed on your system -- beneath this directory
should be subdirectories for binaries, libraries, and include files.  By specifying --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl
you're basically overriding the choices that configure would normally make; configure will
try to do exactly what you tell it to do, even it it makes no sense or is wrong.

>> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc      -L/usr/include/openssl/lib
  -o htpasswd  htpasswd.lo    /usr/local/src/httpd-2.2.17/srclib/pcre/libpcre.la -L/usr/lib
-R/usr/lib -laprutil-1 -lexpat -liconv -lsqlite3 -L/usr/lib -R/usr/lib -lapr-1 -lpthread
>> ld: warning: directory '/usr/include/openssl/lib' following -L not found
>>
>> How to make it right and avoid the warnings ?  The latest XCode 3 is installed on
the machine.

> Try running configure without the --with-ssl= option.  If that does not work, try it
using --with-ssl=/usr

> If you need to post again, be sure to tell us what OS you're running.  (Since you mention
XCode 3, I'm guessing it is some version of MacOS X, but which version?  Also, if you have
DarwinPorts, Fink, or something similar installed, that could be a factor, so be sure to remove
any directories related to those from your PATH before running configure).