httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carlos del Castillo <ccasti...@qoslabs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] reverse proxy based on user agent
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:14:50 GMT
Hello everyone, I have a web server that is load balancing two tomcat servers using the proxy
module, all is working well but now I need to add a third one, but we need to send very specific
user_agents to that third server. The URLs must be the same.

Right now my configuration looks like this:

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyVia Off
ProxyPreserveHost On

<Proxy *>
	Order deny,allow
	Allow from all
</Proxy>

<Proxy balancer://cluster>
	BalancerMember ajp://server1:8009 route=as1 loadfactor=50
	BalancerMember ajp://server2:8009 route=as2 loadfactor=50
</Proxy>

ProxyPass / balancer://cluster/ stickysession=JSESSIONID
ProxyPassReverse / balancer://cluster/

I've bee looking to the mod_rewirte module, but I'm not sure how I could add the third server
and only send the specific user agents to that server.

Any suggestions or pointers are welcome.

Thanks a lot!