httpd-users mailing list archives

From Admin Cyanide <ad...@cyanide-studio.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Centralised path-based authorisation
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:32:19 GMT
Le 30/03/2011 12:30, Nick Kew a écrit :
> On 30 Mar 2011, at 10:21, Admin Cyanide wrote:
>
>>   another way to do this ?
>> I'm searching for something with a database authentication backend, so I can change
autorisations through a service and doesn't need to restart the server.
> How much flexibility do you need?  If you use a backend such as an SQL database
> or LDAP, you can maintain that without touching your apache configuration.

My wish is to have an easy to maintain system. If paths and logins can
be stored in SQL this could be perfect.
I just don't know how to do this.

I just want to be sure we're talking about authorisations and not
authentication. I know how to use SQL, LDAP or whatever to create
authentications mechanisms.
What I'm searching is path based authorisations to allow acces to
xxx/yyy folder to bob, while other authenticated users can't access to
it (though it can be more complex).