httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 with PHP 5.3.6 (VC9)
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 07:36:57 GMT
William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> If anyone wants to have a civil discourse, not in the role of the current
> uninformed BFoD win32 "officious" port, there are several of us who will
> steer you in the right direction :)

It is a debate that has been going on for some time on the PHP developers list
after they striped many previously supported extensions from the windows PHP5.3
build tree :( The reasoning was totally wrong, and for some time now we have
been simply building the missing extension privately, but it is an utter pain
when they could so easily have been automatically built in the main
distributions. Especially since the linux builds never lost them ;)

What I need is now back in the windows PHP distribution and works nicely with
the apachelounge builds. I've not tried running the 'official builds', and while
I would expect them to work but there have been reports of problems. That may
just be finger trouble, but when reporting problems on the PHP list at least one
can say 'yes apache is a VC9 build!' to shut them up.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL