httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] compiling 2.2.17
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 22:12:01 GMT
  On March 15, 2011 17:30 , =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=E1nos_L=F6bb?=
<janos.lobb@yale.edu> wrote:
> I am doing configure this way:
> sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache-2.2.17 --enable-mods-shared=most --enable-ssl
--with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl

> There are no include and lib directories in /usr/include/openssl just header files, so
adding them to CPPFLAGS, INCLUDES and LDFLAGS is questionable.

But this is what the --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl option to configure
does.  The value you give this flag is where OpenSSL is installed on
your system -- beneath this directory should be subdirectories for
binaries, libraries, and include files.  By specifying
--with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl you're basically overriding the choices
that configure would normally make; configure will try to do exactly
what you tell it to do, even it it makes no sense or is wrong.

> /usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc      -L/usr/include/openssl/lib
  -o htpasswd  htpasswd.lo    /usr/local/src/httpd-2.2.17/srclib/pcre/libpcre.la -L/usr/lib
-R/usr/lib -laprutil-1 -lexpat -liconv -lsqlite3 -L/usr/lib -R/usr/lib -lapr-1 -lpthread
> ld: warning: directory '/usr/include/openssl/lib' following -L not found
>
> How to make it right and avoid the warnings ?  The latest XCode 3 is installed on the
machine.

Try running configure without the --with-ssl= option.  If that does not
work, try it using --with-ssl=/usr

If you need to post again, be sure to tell us what OS you're running.
(Since you mention XCode 3, I'm guessing it is some version of MacOS X,
but which version?  Also, if you have DarwinPorts, Fink, or something
similar installed, that could be a factor, so be sure to remove any
directories related to those from your PATH before running configure).

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org