httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy Question
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:05:05 GMT
  On March 14, 2011 15:29 , Jeff Poling <jpoling@moody.edu>  wrote:

> We have a web server that is behind an apache server that uses
> mod_proxy in a reverse proxy configuration.  There is a business
> requirement that the backend application see the actual client IP
> address, not the proxy IP.  Is there a configuration setting to allow
> that?

The backend will always see the client IP address, which is passed to
the backend in the X-Forwarded-For HTTP header.  See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#x-headers

This only applies if the backend is using HTTP to talk to the proxy.  If
the backend is using some other protocol, let us know what it is.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org