httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Slow performance of Apache on Windows
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 22:44:20 GMT
On 3/9/2011 3:15 PM, Feldhacker, Chris wrote:

> It was still odd that the problem only seemed to occur from our internal server, HTTP
downloads from the internet seemed fine.  Out of curiosity we setup a Windows Server 2008
running Apache, and a RedHat Linux server running Apache.  The performance of the 2008 server
was the same as the 2003 server, but the performance of the Linux server was double that of
the Windows machines (10-11MB/s)!  In fact, not only did the Windows 7 client maintain 10-11MB/s,
but the Windows XP client had the same 10-11MB/s performance as well!

On this one issue, did you try 'Enable Sendfile off' on the windows box?