httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zhang Weiwu, Beijing" <zhangwe...@realss.com>
Subject [users@httpd] multiviews doesn't work on index pages (and DirectoryIndex properly configured)
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 03:29:09 GMT
Hello. Debian 5.0, apache 2 2.2.9-10. I've optioned multiviews, and it
works perfectly fine for every document except index page.

All site using URIs without file extension names, every URI map to 2
files. e.g. about_us have 2 corresponding files:

about_us.en.html
about_us.de.html

And accessing /about_us gets the right language according to browser
setting, works perfectly.

Problem being the index page shows up as a blank page. More tests shows:

                       Firefox       w3m          wget
http://mysite          blank page    blank page   English page
http://mysite/index    English page  English page English page

How can I get http://mysite show non-blank page?

Here is my related section of configuration

	<Directory /var/www/www.realss.com.cn/htdocs/>
		Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews +Includes
		DirectoryIndex index
		AllowOverride All
		Order allow,deny
		allow from all
		AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
		SSITimeFormat "%S"
		XBitHack on
		Header append Vary cookie
	</Directory>

To workaround this, I have to replace DirectoryIndex:

    DirectoryIndex index.en.html

This breaks multviews on the index page of course, but I have no other way.

Thanks for hints and advices in advance!

Best regards
Zhang Weiwu

--
我的博客: