httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ahab Abouzour <eabou...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.15 (and 2.2.17) binary installers no longer deploy 'lib' and 'include' directories
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:39:12 GMT
Hello,

I'm long time user of Apache webserver as I build my own 3rd party modules for Apache. I recall
all Apache 2.0.x (even the 1.3.x) binary installers used to deploy a 'lib' and an 'include'
directories.

Starting with Apache 2.2.x, things seem to have changed, up until 2.2.9 (I think), the 'include'
directory is deployed by the installer but not the 'lib' directory. I just installed Apache
2.2.15 using (httpd-2.2.15-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8m-r2.msi) and didn't see an 'include' nor
a 'lib' directories.

The reason I'm asking is when I build my (3rd party) modules, I use the include and lib directories
to compile my modules as there is a dependency on them (headers and apr* libraries). Right
now and going forward, I don't see how I could do this? I guess the general question is how
does other 3rd party module writers compile/build their modules without include or lib directories
provided by the binary installer.

Thanks for help.