httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Centralised path-based authorisation
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:40:25 GMT

On 30 Mar 2011, at 14:32, Admin Cyanide wrote:

> I just want to be sure we're talking about authorisations and not authentication. I know
how to use SQL, LDAP or whatever to create authentications mechanisms.
> What I'm searching is path based authorisations to allow acces to xxx/yyy folder to bob,
while other authenticated users can't access to it (though it can be more complex).

I can't tell you your best solution.  But you could, for example, map paths to
authz groups.  Then you update your ACLs by amending group memberships.

If you already knew that and thought it should be obvious, then the answer
is no, there's nothing builtin that'll help.  Unless your access maps to filesystem
access and can be driven by file ownership.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html