httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] list serv for mod_ssl and other Apache modules
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:34:33 GMT
On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:22:04 -0400
"Edwards, Denise" <Denise.Edwards@Bowne.com> wrote:

> Thanks Eric.
>
> I've installed the latest Apache with SSL (v2.2.17 and openSSL 0.9.8o).
> We have a security issue that is fixed with openSSL 0.9.8p. How do you
> update this latest Apache release to accommodate this (without having to
> re-build Apache altogether)?

How do you know you need to recompile?  Do the OpenSSL release notes
tell you it breaks binary compatibility?  Or did you link it statically
(in which case, whoever built it knows about custom builds)?

If you really need to recompile, see the docs for apxs.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent.
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html