httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Gustafson <...@soe.ucsc.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Question about mod_ldap and the LDAP Cache
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 17:04:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm using mod_ldap to authenticate users on a web site that allows people to manage their
accounts, including changing their password and checking various bits, such as quotas and
e-mail and so on.

When a user changes their password, I need to figure out some way of invalidating the LDAP
cache so that the user is then prompted for their new password, so that the use can continue
on the web site and use the other functions that require the user's password (as presented
by their web browser to Apache) to match what is now stored in the LDAP server, rather than
what is stored in the LDAP cache.

Is there any way to do so, without doing an "apachectl graceful" or equivalent?

Tim Gustafson
Baskin School of Engineering
UC Santa Cruz
tjg@soe.ucsc.edu