httpd-users mailing list archives

From aaron...@comcast.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directories Being Probed Even When Index Listing Denied
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 02:28:21 GMT
If a PHP Shell can be uploaded. http://phpshell.sourceforge.net/ Then any thing www-data can
do so can the shell user, As stated in my post about virtual hosts seeing each others document
roots.

----- Original Message -----
From: "ASAI" <asai@globalchangemusic.org>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2011 6:09:51 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Directories Being Probed Even When Index Listing Denied

Greetings,

I am hosting a domain with no website which is a gateway for several
applications. Directory indexes are turned off, however I noticed in
the logs today that one the directories which has no reference to the
outside world was probed. Is it possible that one can get the directory
listing of a host even when index listing is turned off through some
other agency?

How do I guard against things like this?