httpd-users mailing list archives

From DW <xfs...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Domain Registrant's Details
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 04:03:01 GMT

Does anybody know whether it is legally possible to hide Registrant's
address and phone number from public records?  For example, when you
click on this link: <http://www.whois.net/whois/joomlatraining.com> you
get the complete details and so from the safety point of view I feel
that one should be able to hide this.  The authorities can have access
to these info but what has the general public got to do with it.

All the details the public & customers needs are on the website like
official business address, phone number, email etc.  I just don't like
my residential address to be known by the general public and "people who
don't like me".

Thanks.