httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] database expires and kills website
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:45:44 GMT
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Norman Fournier
<norman@normanfournier.com> wrote:

> I have a website running with an expiry date set for 1 week in the database file. Once
the .db file expires the site goes offline. I then have increment the serial number,  to
grep for "named" and -HUP the process to bring the site online again.

> All of my other sites use the same configuration of .conf and .db files and stay online,
except this particular URL. As a matter of fact, I copied a successful .conf and .db file
and edited them to create them. The other sites have a .db expiry of 1 week also.

> Where would you suggest I begin to look for the error or do you have any ideas what could
be the cause of this behaviour.

I have no idea what you mean with an expiry date on a database file.
Could you be more specific? Apache itself does not use db files. Some
website you have installed might, but you are not telling us enough...

> I am running Apache 1.3.41 on OSX 10.4.11

Why are you using such an old version of apache?

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org