httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: SetHandler mod_ruby Apache 2.2.17 Windows
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 15:50:35 GMT
Dear Tom

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com> wrote:

> (why are we talking on dev@ btw, this seems clearly a users@
> discussion. If/when you reply, please drop dev@)
>
> OK, there are some inconsistencies in your conf.
>
> First, in your vhost configuration, you have SetHandler ruby-object at
> the top level. This *will* set the handler for all requests to the
> vhost to use handler ruby-object. All requests. Including for files,
> directory indexes, and so on...

What do you mean by top level?

Sorry, I do not understand what you are trying to say. I also tried
this vhosts.conf setting with the same result. As said this setting
works on Linux (without the

<Files "*">
                SetHandler ruby-object
        </Files>.

https://gist.github.com/818654

> Secondly, in the directory where I expect you probably do want to have
> ruby-object as the handler, you tell apache to execute *.rbx as
> cgi-script. I thought this whole exercise was to have them executed by
> mod_ruby..

So where you that be in your opinion? Can you be a bit more specific please.

> Finally, having found that bug report, you seem to be trying hard to
> trigger it! In the bug report you linked to us, there is a good
> work-around listed by wrowe@ - why not use that?

I just sent a Mail to users@

That solution does not seem to work, see this: https://gist.github.com/818654

Best