httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Browser, Apache and caching...
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 17:06:39 GMT
Hi All,

I am wondering for the browser cache to work does the expires headers in the
apache config file have to be setup? Or by default when the page request from
the browser hits apache does it look at the file modified time stamp for the
file on disk or Apache cache and compares to whatever the request has in it (I
assume a file timestamp)?

Just trying to figure out if expires header is really needed because if you use
it by setting a future date then the only way to get the file sent across due to
some change is to rename it slightly.

Thanks,
-Tony