httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anders, Thomas (EXT)" <thomas.anders....@siemens.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Issue with rewrite rule on Apache behind F5 load balancer
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:46:41 GMT
Hi,

We are using an F5 load balancer for five apache web servers to distribute load amongst them.
The Load Balancer is also used for SSL encryption to the end user. The Apache servers itself
are running http.

So we have the following constellation:
https://loadbalancer.url/ -> http://node.xxx.in.lan/

We created an Apache RewriteRule within each of the web servers that is used to move requests
on / to a subdirectory while forcing people to use the loadbalancer url as well.

http://node.xxx.in.lan/ -> https://loadbalancer.url/directory/

RewriteRule ^/$ https://loadbalancer.url/directory/

This works perfectly when we access node.xxx as single device. However, when we try to use
https://loadbalancer.url/ - the rewrite doesn't work, it opens the Default Page of the respective
server.

Has anyone of you tried to use something similar or has an idea what we can do at apache side
to make this work?
We unfortunatelly have no direct access to the F5 system and would like to achieve a solution
on web server side.

Regards,
Thomas