httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee <lee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "Require group" help required
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:57:17 GMT

On 21/02/2011 10:31, Nick Kew wrote:
>> Dear Apache Users,
>>
>> I have been looking at a problem for so many hours now that I think it has made me
blind.

>> The below configuration is intended to restrict access to /admin-cgi/ to members
of the group "admin", which is defined in a plain text file, whilst users and passwords are
in a DBM file.
>> [...]
>>
>>     AuthGroupFile /Users/leegoddard/src/www/northfoto2/auth/northfoto_groups.db
> 1. What does the error log say?  Adjust LogLevel if necessary.
> 2. Is that a plain text file?
> 3. What "Satisfy" directive is in effect?  Set a specific Satisfy All to be safe.

More details:

When a user not in admin or adminjr group accesses /admin-cgi :

[Mon Feb 21 10:53:45 2011] [error] [client ::1] Authorization of user
blikkdisp to access /admin-cgi/admin.cgi/users/ failed, reason: user is
not part of the 'require'ed group(s).

These groups are:

admin: lee mhm root
adminjr: adminjr1 adminjr2 adminjr3 lee mhm root

But adminjr1, of adminjr gruop, does have access to admin-cgi, even
though that directory has Require group admin

Thanks....
Lee