httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fredric Fredricson <Fredric.Fredric...@bonetmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP to control Apache
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 13:59:59 GMT
On 02/09/2011 12:20 PM, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> [snip]
>
> The problem with using mod_perl is one needs to know perl to a decent
> extent or at least db operations in perl. It is a strict requirement.
> [snip]
This, of course, depends on your situation but perl DBI is quite well
documented and fairly easy to use and Perl, as a language, is not that
strange and comparable with php (if you exclude the OOP-parts, avoid OOP
in Perl). As a text processing language, Perl is better than all others
I have seen and vastly superior to php (not that php is exactly bad,
perl is just much better).

But there is, of course, a learning curve.

Just saying......

/Fredric