httpd-users mailing list archives

From Margus Pärt <mar...@tione.eu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL offload and load balancing with Apache2's mod_proxy and mod_balancer for Weblogic, Tomcat and Apache2
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 12:00:55 GMT
Hello!

Thank you for your response! Glad to hear that I am not the only, who
has thought that this solution would make life easier.

Taking Apache-Event into use in our case is not an option, as
Apache2-mpm-itk is used (proccesses running in different user rights)
and new TCP connection has to be started for new client - it would be
possible to assign different IP-s for different hosts, but named hosting
is much easier to configure.

If you would be so kind and take a look at the documentation also and
give your oppinion:
https://apache2-ssloffload-and-loadbalance.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Documentation/apache2_ssloffload_and_loadbalance.pdf

Page 3 contains summary - how it works - and most of it is automatic
install + configuration by copy-paste to bash.