httpd-users mailing list archives

From Norman Fournier <nor...@normanfournier.com>
Subject [users@httpd] database expires and kills website
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:54:09 GMT
Hello,

A newbie question:

I have a website running with an expiry date set for 1 week in the database file. Once the
.db file expires the site goes offline. I then have increment the serial number,  to grep
for "named" and -HUP the process to bring the site online again.

All of my other sites use the same configuration of .conf and .db files and stay online, except
this particular URL. As a matter of fact, I copied a successful .conf and .db file and edited
them to create them. The other sites have a .db expiry of 1 week also.

Where would you suggest I begin to look for the error or do you have any ideas what could
be the cause of this behaviour.

I am running Apache 1.3.41 on OSX 10.4.11

Thank you

Norman

---
http://www.normanfournier.com