httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Godrej <jamesgod...@yahoo.in>
Subject [users@httpd] problem in using AOLServer and Apache on same machine at different ports
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:57:44 GMT
I am using a Ubuntu virtual machine.Where I installed OpenACS which
depends upon AOLServer.
To do so I had first shutdown Apache on this machine.
Then following instructions given here

http://openacs.org/xowiki/ubuntu

Step 1)
 aptitude install postgresql

Step 2)
 aptitude install openacs

I had to shutdown Apache to do above installation.
Now the installation finishes.So I can access http://localhost:8000

but when ever I try to start Apache on this machine which was shutdown
during installation I see the error

 service apache2 start
 * Starting web server apache2 (98)Address already in use: make_sock: couldnot
bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down Unable to open logs

So I thought may be OpenACS installs AOLServer so Aolserver might be
listening on port 80 I check
 /etc/aolserver4/conf.d/
openacs.sh
and here

 AOL_USER=www-data
AOL_GROUP=www-data
AOL_ADDRESS=192.168.1.15
AOL_PORT=8000
RUN_DAEMON=yes

So AOLServer is not listening on port 80 upto here it is confirmed.

 netstat -tualp  | grep 80
tcp  0      0 somemachine.somedimain.:8000 *:*   LISTEN   21321/aolserver4-ns

so netstat shows only 8000 in  use.
Then why am I unable to start Apache in this case?