httpd-users mailing list archives

From <gro...@bcconsultingservices.com>
Subject [users@httpd] index.php not autoloading...
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:03:37 GMT
Hi,

I am fairly new to apache. I just installed it from the repositories on my Ubuntu 10.04 notebook
so I will assume that it is the latest version (not even sure how to check that).

I made a change to the default site in /etc/apache2/sites-available to change the path for
the default site to point to /home/documents/me/Documents/sites/mysite/. When I just had index.html
in there, it worked fine after I restarted the server.

Perhaps I should state that I changed the permissions on the sites folder to allow everyone
to change files there. This is a single user development machine and I needed to do that for
my Joomla install (next step).

I then downloaded and installed Joomla 1.6. When I go to localhost now, apache thinks I am
trying to download a file. The name of the file does not display and it identifies it as a
"phtml" file.

I realized I did not have php so I installed php. phpinfo() proves that it is installed but
going to localhost still will not access the index.php as the default page and keep trying
to download something. When I specify http://localhost/index.php, everything works fine.

I tried adding a DocumentIndex directive to httpd.conf and that  didn't work. I even tried
adding the documentindex directive to apache2.conf and that did not work. And yes, I restarted
the server after each change.

Any ideas would be great appreciated.