httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Brown <br...@mrvideo.vidiot.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] incoming IP connect
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:21:54 GMT
On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 12:11:26PM +0000, Tom Evans wrote:
> Apache doesn't control how packets get routed to your computer, it
> only controls what it does when they arrive. If you listen on *:80 or
> 192.168.1.2:80, then anything that can route packets to that
> server/port will communicate with apache.

IMHO, it is better to set the listen to the IP address of the server apache
is running on, to keep it from trying to respond to requests to a different
IP on the same subnet.

If, for example, the Linux box was also running apache, as I understand it,
if the listen was set for all IPs, then it would try and respond to requests
meant for the Linux server.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign