httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Love" <stephenl...@juno.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Domain Registrant's Details
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 03:25:25 GMT
I do know that GoDaddy.com has a private/lock feature that hides details of the ownership info,
but I've just never chosen to use it.
Ownership transfer is simple enough, but there is usually a cost of 1 years subscription,
and starts a fresh year, which means that actually you are losing the remaining balance on
your current name service subscription... so it's best to transfer near the end of your current
contract.
See us online at http://www.LOVEnCompany.com.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: DW <xfsgpr@hotmail.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Domain Registrant's Details
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 04:03:01 +0000

Does anybody know whether it is legally possible to hide Registrant's
address and phone number from public records?  For example, when you
click on this link: <http://www.whois.net/whois/joomlatraining.com> you
get the complete details and so from the safety point of view I feel
that one should be able to hide this.  The authorities can have access
to these info but what has the general public got to do with it.

All the details the public & customers needs are on the website like
official business address, phone number, email etc.  I just don't like
my residential address to be known by the general public and "people who
don't like me".

Thanks.