httpd-users mailing list archives

From o haya <oh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem configuring proxy (forbidden error locally)
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 04:09:50 GMT
Hi,

BTW, to help guide me on what to look for, my understanding is that there are basically two
things that can cause Apache to provide the 403/Forbidden response:

- Linux permissions
- Something in the Apache .conf files that sets a "deny"

For the former, and assuming the we don't have any local resources in the <VirtualHost>s
(i.e., no <DocumentRoot>), and only a bunch of ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse directives,
I think that the <VirtualHost> would "inherit" the <DocumentRoot> from the server
configuration, so what we'd have to do is to look at where the <DocumentRoot> is pointing
to, and confirm that the user and group specified in the User and Group directives in the
Apache .conf files have read/write/execute perms on that and all of its parent directories.

Is that correct?

For the latter, we need to look for all "deny", and check that none of them apply to the <Location>
directives in the <VirtualHost> sections.

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jim