httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eugene <eugene.lyse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 64 Bit Apache httpd on Solaris
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 12:15:37 GMT
I compile Httpd with SunStudio using options:
CC=cc \
CFLAGS="-fast -xO4 -mt -xtarget=generic -m64 -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL -DSSL_ENGINE" \
CXX=$CC \
CXXFLAGS="$CFLAFS" \
LDFLAGS="-xtarget=generic -m64 -L/usr/sfw/lib/64 -L/usr/lib/64 -R/usr/sfw/lib/64 -R/usr/lib/64"
\
GREP=grep \
./configure \
## here is the set of httpd configuration options ##

"-m64" turns 64-bit on

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin.Friswell@Callista.com.au <Kevin.Friswell@Callista.com.au>
To: users@httpd.apache.org <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: [users@httpd] 64 Bit Apache httpd on Solaris
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 04:00:37 +0000

The Goal
A 64bithttpd executable on Solaris 5.10,  (independent of the "out of the box Solaris Apache
server).

(isainfo –v
        64-bit sparcv9 applications
                fmaf vis2 vis popc
        32-bit sparc applications
                fmaf vis2 vis popc v8plus div32 mul32 )

Current Postion
A 32bithttpd executable on Solaris 5.10.  -->
        /usr/local/apache2/bin > file httpd
        httpd:          ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, not
stripped

Steps Taken
1)        Download  httpd-2.2.17.tar.gz and copy to Solaris server.  (http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi)

        Nothing I could find at the download site about a 32bit/64bit download - so I assume
this is
        determined at configuration/compilation time and there's just the one download for
both setups.

2)        Follow instructions in httpd-2.2.17\INSTALL document.  Install into /usr/local/apache2

        Nothing in the instructions matching search strings "64", "32" or "bit".
        Checkhttp://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html -- same result
        Run httpd-2.2.17 > ./configure --help  ...  no sign of anything in the help options
about configure 32 or 64 bit.

3)        Search apache.org website - some instruction about Win64 but nothing useful for
Solaris.
        Google   -  used key words/phrases such as  "compiling 64 bit solaris", "Apache 64
bit Solaris",  "Apache 64bit CFLAGS"
        "CFLAGS syntax"

        I found a few reasonable matches, but at best the sites either give me a better general
understanding
        of this stuff, or they show some compile options that result in errors, (not much
use).

Where to go from here
Obviously this stuff is not my primary area of expertise, but my hunch is that this "problem"
might have a fairly simple solution - perhaps
a compiler option or something, but be stuffed if I can find it. If someone would be kind
enough to help me along a bit with this it would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers All
Kevin F.