httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hajo Locke" <hajo.lo...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: ssl-vhost-mixing issue
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:20:07 GMT
Hello,

Krist wrote:
>> You don't have a NameVirtualHost directive?
>> What happens if you enter https://ip2.ip2.ip2.ip2 in your browser?

we use

NameVirtualHost *:80

in httpd.conf
I did some tests with setting NameVirtualHost  to base-ip of the server
ip0.ip0.ip0.ip0, but nothing changed.

ip1 and ip2 are especially used for SSL-Hosts.
It makes no difference if i call https://ip2.ip2.ip2.ip2 or
https://ip1.ip1.ip1.ip1
In both cases i see data of cert which came as first in httpd.conf
But the both different vhosts are really separately requestet. i added a
customlog directive for both vhosts and there was no mistake.
If i call https://ip2.ip2.ip2.ip2   log2 was written and if i call
https://ip1.ip1.ip1.ip1  log1 was written.
I have read this:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/NameBasedSSLVHosts
Apache is ignoring config from second host if IP was already used for a
SSL-Host. But in my case all used IPs are different.
did i understand this correct?
if yes, may be apache is confused when reading the certificates and finding
same hostname in certificates...

Eric Covener wrote:
>> It's hard to tell which IP-based vhost you should have hit, or did
>> hit, since you didn't specify which IP you connected to and you didn't
>> log separately or show _all_ of your vhosts.

i dont find any fault in my conf. logging separatly did show separatly
requests by same cert-content.
either this is a tricky conf-thing or a bug.

Thanks,
Hajo