httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Wiedmann <carsten_st...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Help with config
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:34:43 GMT
Am 14.01.2011 10:54, schrieb Bob Wilson:
>>> DocumentRoot "C:/Users/User/My Documents/htdocs"
>>
>> IMHO "My Documents" should written as "Documents" in the config file.
>>
> Thanks, but we think we've narrowed it down to an ACL problem with the
> 'user' directory

I don't think so... I guess you don't know how these special folders are
working in Vista/7/2008.

The real name of this folder is "C:/Users/User/Documents/". But in
Explorer you see a localized name according to your selected/installed
display language.
In your case it is "C:/Users/User/My Documents/". On my system it is
"C:/Users/User/Eigene Dateien/". But Apache is always working with the
real names.

(BTW: There is also a symlink "My Documents" in "C:/Users/User" for
legacy programs. But this symlink folder should not be used.)

e.g I'm having:
| DocumentRoot "C:/Users/Public/Documents/htdocs"
| <Directory "C:/Users/Public/Documents/htdocs">

and for mod_userdir:
| UserDir "Documents/public_html"
| <Directory "C:/Users/*/Documents/public_html">

And that's always working regardless if the current user is using
"English" as display language ("My Documents") or "German" ("Eigene
Dateien"), because the real folder name is always "Documents".

>> Thanks for that. moving it to c:\data\htdocs did work so we can assume
>> that it is an ACL problem and nothing to do with apache!

In this case "c:\data\" is always "c:\data\", because this is not a
special folder and is not localized in Explorer. So you see "data" in
Explorer and it is "data" in the config file.

Regards,
Carsten