httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache for Multiple web Servers on One Public IP
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:23:10 GMT
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Tushar Chavan
<tushar.chavan@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Experts,
> We have one Apache server ( apache1 ) with public ip  & three web servers .
> ( www.srm.com , https://newsrm.com:50000/irj , http://oldsrm.com:50000/irj )
> All these three websites provide diff. content so I can not load balance
> between them.
> Please let me know , how can we configure Apache to pass requests to these
> three web servers.

Give your 1.3 server's Ip address three hostnames (not an Apache
task).  Create three name-based virtualhosts, with a ProxyPass
directive in each one.

If you want to pick a backend using different criteria, you'll have to
state that criteria.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com