httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rick Gates <rick123.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to inform apache that a particular text file needs to be downloaded instead of showing on browser itself
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:33:09 GMT
Hi all,

This is my first post on this list.

I am currently facing an issue with apache server on my linux box.

I have configured apache along with ViewVC for browsing my CVS repository.
Everything works fine except that , whenevr I click on the download button
(in viewVC), instead of downloading, it displays the file on the browser.

To simulate the issue in a simpler manner, I just added a link on my home
page of the server which points to a text file.
I want that whenever that link is clicked, the browser downloads the file
instead of displaying it on the web browser.

Can any one tell me how can this be achieved? does it require a
reconfiguration of apache server.
If yes, then what is the conf file parameter that needs to be modified?

Thanks in advance!!
Regards,
Rick