httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anders Melchiorsen <m...@spoon.kalibalik.dk>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTP authentication using HTTP
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:52:16 GMT
Hi.

I want to password protect some directories by forwarding the HTTP
authentication to a different URL. That is, rather than using LDAP or MySQL
as a backend, I want to use a CGI script (possibly on a different server).

Searching high and low has not helped me -- "http authentication" mostly
turns up discussions on the htpasswd syntax.

As I was unable to find any official way, I made this test module,

   http://www.kalibalik.dk/anders/software/mod_authn_http/

but it would need some work before I can use it for real (it currently
forks a curl process to forward the request).

So, my question is: how can I do this with just standard modules?

Thanks,
Anders.