httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] http reference link
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:36:29 GMT
On 1/19/11 11:07 PM, George Christidis wrote:
> Hi, I have a question about the link google references for my website on search results.
It appears as www.website.com\main_dir\?q=shab100500

That is very unlikely, as it is not a valid URL.
It is probably listed as www.website.com/main_dir/?q=shab100500

> Not sure if this is coming from an apache setting or google itself or the php code.

It's a valid URL with a query string.

>   I don't know what it means. I am still learning apache, so for now I have my site on
a web host. My host recently migrated my data to a new server so they might have changed something
in apache?

If this did not use to happen, they may have made htaccess rewrite
changes; ask them what they did.

It is not a problem, as it is a valid URL.

--
J.