httpd-users mailing list archives

From Uxio Faria <ufa...@prisacom.com>
Subject [users@httpd] headers precedence 1.3 vs 2.2
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 02:24:58 GMT

	I have a problem. I have a large set of servers with apache 1.3 and php. I set the cache-control
	header by default on some directories with this form:

	 <Directory /xxx/yyy/zzzz>
		Header Set Cache-Control "max-age=200"
	</Directory>

	All the files below this directory sets the default cache-control and the dinamic php files
below this
	directory too, but if i want to change the cache-control header of some dinamic page, i can
set it
	directly:

		<?
			header("Cache-Control: max-age=400");

			echo "<p>I can change the header value only for this page</p>";
		?>

	Ok, everything is fine with this. But with apache 2.2 i can't do that, headers setted with
Header directive
	in apache conf, can't be overwrited by php.

	After reading lots of documentation and blogs, code, etc, it seems that apache 1.3 doen't
work well with
	this functionality and apache 2.2 do, but i need to work in this way because i can't rewrite
all my confs.

	I need to solve this problem.  ┬┐any idea?

	Thanks a lot.