httpd-users mailing list archives

From Norman Peelman <npeel...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to properly block IP ranges server wide?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 01:40:45 GMT
Hello all,

  I've got a server with name based virtualhosts. I am getting spammers
from various countries and would like to block these IP ranges. But I
can't seem to figure out how to block them. How can I block them by
default for the entire server? Where do I put the:

<Directory>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
    Deny from ip range
    Deny from ip range
</Directory>

  I've tried putting them in the main apache.conf and in an .htaccess
file (in a vh) but I still see the spammers logging on and spamming from
ips' in the list.

Thanks for any help steering me in the right direction.

Norm

--
Norman Registered Linux user #461062 -Have you been to www.apache.org yet?-