httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache process not coming down and going high upto 259
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 08:25:21 GMT
On 11.01.2011 09:11, Amol Puglia wrote:
> Hello Rainer,
>
> Thanks for the valuable input.
>
> I have following mod_jk options configured for my web server.
>
> Is it possible to know if any of the below options are responsible for
> creating so many child processess and by removing any of them will
> reduce the number of child processess.
>
> How do i tune my webserver so that the number of child processess comes
> down.
>
> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
> JkWorkersFile /opt/web/apache/app/erib2b/conf/workers.properties
> JkLogFile /opt/web/apache/app/erib2b/logs/mod_jk.log
> JkLogLevel info
> JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
> JkOptions +ForwardURIEscaped +ForwardURICompatUnparsed
> JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
> JkMount /* worker1

No, none. Please move this discussion to the tomcat users list, as Igor
has suggested.

Usually the reason for many child processes on a reverse proxy is a slow
backend. So I would take thread dumps of your Tomcat JVM and
investigate, what your web applications are doing (slow request processing).

Regards,

Rainer