httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache process not coming down and going high upto 259
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 07:29:15 GMT
On 10.01.2011 18:34, Igor Galić wrote:

> ----- "Amol Puglia"<amolcpuglia@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hello Team,
>
> Hi
>
>> I am facing very weird problem of apache porcess going high upto 259
>> and increasing again even after restart of backend server ie. tomcat.
>>
>> Apache version :- 2.0.59
>>
>> Tomcat Version :- 5.5.9
>>
>> Apache/Tomcat connectivity :- mod_jk
>
> mod_jk support can be found on users@tomcat.apache.org

As a shortcut for discussion: The lines come from the JkRequestLogFormat
configuration setting that you must have added somewhere (default: no
such setting, no lines). The configured format will tell you, what the
entry means. Likely it is either the name of the vortual host, or the
value of the host header the client sent.

For details see:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html

and look for "JkRequestLogFormat" in that page.

The use of that directive is no longer recommended, because it is easier
to include request log information into the usual access log via
mod_log_config. Look for "mod_log_config" in the same page.

Regards,

Rainer