httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anders Melchiorsen <m...@spoon.kalibalik.dk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTTP authentication using HTTP
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:03:01 GMT

<mail@spoon.kalibalik.dk:

>> I want to password protect some directories by forwarding the HTTP
>> authentication to a different URL. That is, rather than using LDAP or
>> MySQL as a backend, I want to use a CGI script (possibly on a different
>> server).
>>

> You can do this with mod_perl and one of these modules:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~chansen/Authen-Simple-HTTP-0.2
> http://search.cpan.org/~chansen/Authen-Simple-0.4

I was not aware of these modules, thank you for bringing them to my
attention. It is nice to know that I am not alone in wanting this feature.

However, Perl might not be acceptable everywhere that I want to use this,
so it is a bit of an unfortunate dependency.

Best regards,
Anders