httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sebastian Reitenbach <sebas...@l00-bugdead-prods.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with ldap authentication against domino server
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:16:04 GMT
On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 02:38:31 pm Eric Covener wrote:
> > Or on the other hand, is it possible to tell mod_authnz_ldap to bind as
> > the user instead of anonymous to make the compare request?
>
> The manual tells you how to use a userid/password.

I rechecked the documentation, and I found the following directives in the
apache-trunk documentation:
AuthLDAPSearchAsUser
AuthLDAPCompareAsUser

which is probably what I want, since I don't really want to hardcode a BindDN
and BindPassword in the apache configuration..

I have apache-2.2.15, and checked the changelog of up to apache-2.2.17, and as
it seems, those directives are not yet there. The docs says, its only
available since 2.3.6.

Or did you have other configuration directives in mind?

cheers,
Sebastian