httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Stevens <g...@uniserve.com>
Subject [users@httpd] .pid goes missing
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:39:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm using apache 2.2.3 under CentOS 5.5. I use virtualmin to monitor the
server and recently a discrepancy has arisen between the reported and actual
state of the httpd service. I think this is because the .pid file, which from
the httpd.conf file is supposed to be in /etc/httpd/run folder, periodically
goes missing. Just not there and I don't know why. I can not stop the service
or restart apache except with a server reboot, not my favourite option
although it does recreate the .pid file and synchronize the reporting.

I don't know where to look. Ideas? References to appropriate docs?

TIA

Dave