httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Punch <andrew.pu...@247realmedia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Graceful restarts and keepalives
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 01:17:36 GMT
Hi,

During the week I hit the situation described in 41743. A child process
is connected to a client using a keepalive connection. A graceful
restart (SIGUSR1) is issued. If the MaxKeepAliveRequests is high and the
client is chatty the child process will not exit until the client
disconnects.

This means that my module in the child process still has the old
configuration and old data file loaded in memory. I expected that the
child process would close the keepalive connection - preferably by
issuing a "connection: close" header in the next response.

This problem occurs on RHEL5 with Redhat's Apache 2.2.3 and
httpd.apache.org's Apache 2.2.17

Is this behaviour deliberate or is it a bug?

-Andrew