httpd-users mailing list archives

From A D <an...@hotmail.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] environment variables manipulation in httpd.conf
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:28:58 GMT

Hello,

I've just recompiled a apache 2.2.17 on linux with all
modules in shared. I'm trying to add headers containing apache
"environment variables" like SERVER_NAME, HTTP_USER_AGENT with
mod_headers.

I always get null in my headers.

The response from server contains the header but I'm
unable to put inside any env variables

The only thing that works is the %D and %t for time.

I'm probably missing something but I can not figure what
I'm doing wrong.

Here is an extract of th httpd.conf

LoadModule env_module modules/env_headers.so

LoadModule headers_module modules/mode_headers.so

LoadModule ident_module modules/mode_ident.so

LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mode_unique_id.so

LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mode_setenvif.so

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mode_rewrite.so

ServerName Server

Listen 8080

Header add TOTO "%D %t %{SERVER_NAME}e"

NameVirtualHost *:8080

 <VirtualHost *:8080>

 DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs"

 ServerName Server

 Header add TUTU "%D
%t  %{SERVER_NAME}e"

</VirtualHost>

With this conf I get TUTU D=xxxxxx t=ttttttt null It is
the same with every variables. Same with headers TOTO. It is like the environment variables
are not available outside a cgi programm

Thanks in advance