httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kiran saligrama <kira...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Keepalive and Rewrite rules in Apache 2.2
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 03:00:37 GMT
Hi

We have been using Rewrite rules with Apache 2.0 to expose multiple back-end
servers. We have had very good success and when we upgraded to Apache 2.2,
the Rewrite connections do not honor keepalive directive anymore. The
documentation does say that by default keepalive is not used and when we
started using Proxy directives instead of rewrite rules, keepalive behavior
is more on the expected lines.

When I looked at mod_proxy source code this default behavior seems something
that changed in 2.2. Can someone confirm whether this is indeed the case and
any rational for changing the default behavior would be very beneficial for
me.

Thanks
Kiran