httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mxrgus Pxrt <mar...@tione.eu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SetEnv HTTPS on... not working.
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 02:27:48 GMT
Hey!

I did not mean that I want HTTP to HTTPS transparency (although, I can't
see how do they differ to end application - communication from client to
server is over SSL with HTTPS + few additional environmental values -
should not affect end app).

I'll try to explain, what I ment with an example:

Components:
- client
- SSL offloader (Apache)
- Backend server (Apache)

Now client makes query to https://example.com. Backend server requeries
that HTTPS on or redirect to there is done. Code example below:

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule (.*)      https://example.com/$1 [L,R=301]

(But this does not work, as query comes to port 80 over HTTP from SSL
offloader and infinite loop is created.)

I know, I could write headers from SSL offloader and check in backend
server (or even do this in SSL offloader):

RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule (.*)      https://example.com/$1 [L,R=301]

But I am stubborn and want to know, how to overwrite this value (or
answer, that it's not possible because of ...).

Br,
Margus