httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] question about an error in the error log
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:21:38 GMT
On 08.12.2010 23:23, Nathan Belk wrote:
> I am seeing this error come up every once in a while in a log I am
> reviewing. I have tried to find its meaning on google and find lots of
> way you can try fixing it but not what it means.
>
> This is the error:
> [error] mod_jk child init 1 -2
>
> At this point, I don't need to know how to fix this error, I just need
> to know what it means. If you know how to read the information about
> this error or where I can find more information out about this cryptic
> message, I would be appreciative.

mod_jk is typically discussed on the Tomcat users list, because it is
developped as part of the Tomcat project.

I have never seen this message and quickly checked the code for mod_jk
version 1.2.18 to 1.2.31 and it doesn't seem to be there. There is some
evidence, that you are not actually using mod_jk but mod_jk2. The source
code of mod_jk2 contains similar log messages. mod_jk2 has been
abandoned many years ago. The older mod_jk has improved a lot and was
decided to remain as the actively maintained module. You should switch
from mod_jk2 to mod_jk. Unfortunately the configuration is not compatible.

Grab version 1.2.31 of mod_jk and have a look at the example
configuration contained in the source download of mod_jk 1.2.31.

Regards,

Rainer