httpd-users mailing list archives

From b...@kanka.de
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Alias-ed directory appears on multiple virtual hosts
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 12:43:06 GMT
Hello,

On 08.12.2010 13:31, Eric Covener wrote:
>> "ServerName ... exclusive" directive for
>> the config (and logic behind) could make sense, ...
>
> This facility is effectively already there by creating a default
> (first-listed) name-based virtual host and handling unspecified
> domains that show up on that interface however you desire.

Having to define a dummy ssl-vhost, including the SSLProtocol and Certificate
directives, then repeating these directives for the domain that is actually
used - that's exactly what I call 'quirky'.

And the situation of having one IP and various vhosts, while offering
ssl-encrypted services from one domain only, is not too rare.

/ Bernd